Wednesday 10 March 2010

Vintage Knitting book

Knitted Scarecrow on the front cover
I love these penguins. I especially like the attention to detail in items like the skis, hats, scarves and the backpack. There are knit instructions for these items too.


These are fun individual items that can be knitted and given as gifts, depending on what sort of things your friends and family are into, these can easily be adapted to say a chef's outfit for a friend who likes cooking. Again great attention to detail - loving the little painter and the cowboy!

A great Topsy turvy doll!



Cute miniature animals. Loving the bees and the ladybird!




I am having some major refurbishment done to my home at the moment which I will blog about at a later date. My dad is overseeing all the work but had an appointment today and as someone needed to be at home all day from 8am, I decided to work from home.
After 6 hours of drilling, banging and sawing, they completed what they needed to do for today.

I decided I needed some fresh air after being couped up for so long and ended up taking a trip to my local charity shop.
I was on the look out for some vintage jewellery boxes as amid packing everything away, it has occurred to me that I need better storage for my jewellery and just though getting vintage ones would be great.

Unfortunately, I didn't find any jewellery boxes but in the book section, came across a really great vintage book called Knitted Toys by Jean Greenhowe.

I remember as a girl my mum giving me a knitted doll as a present and I loved it - I still have it but it is kept at my mum's house and all my nieces have had the pleasure of playing with her. She is well over 20 years old now!!!!

Anyway, this book has some really lovely knitted dolls and toys as well as Christmas decorations. The instructions are pretty straightforward even for a beginner.

I love the little animals especially. I will be hopefully making some of these as presents.
Have a lovely evening. X






No comments:

Post a Comment