Sunday 27 February 2011

Recent Purchases

I saw this vintage 70's tiered dress on Ebay a few weeks ago and added it into my watch list. When it was nearly expired, I got a reminder through but I wasn't anywhere near a computer, so I missed out.
Fortunately for me, the seller relisted it and I won it.
As I was anticipating it's arrival from France, I started planning what I would wear it with from my existing wardrobe. It was at this time, that I noticed that I didn't have the right belt to wear with it.
I promptly went about hunting for a belt that would fit the bill.
I managed to find one at Primark.....now I never really buy anything from Primark simply because quite a number of years ago, I purchased a top from there which was absolutely ruined when I washed it, plus I don't really buy clothes that I consider as 'throw away fashion'. I like my clothes to be well made, in great fabrics and have a long wearing life.
Anyway, back to the belt....I found the perfect belt in Primark, as I was buying some underwear for my niece (their Childrenswear is particularly good), and although it isn't leather, I like the style of it and the studs make it a little bit harder.














Whilst I was there, I picked up 3 more belts - two with gold trimmed bows and the third was a double belt in light grey for another dress that I was waiting to accessorize right.
The best thing was that I spent £8 in total for the four belts!!! A bargain or what?!

Have a lovely Sunday X

No comments:

Post a Comment