Tuesday 22 February 2011

London Fashion Week - Roksanda Ilincic AW 2011

London fashion week started a few days ago and I was fortunate enough to be given a ticket for the Roksanda Ilincic show which happened today at 12.45pm.

For those of you not familiar with her work, Michelle Obama recently wore one of her dresses when she met the Chinese President Hu Jintao.




The show was amazing......Roksanda is known for using some of the most exquisite colours in her collections and she did not disappoint with this one either. Some of my favourite colours from her show included burgundy, light grey and cobalt blue.

I adored the details she introduced such as chunky zips down the back of really delicate silk dresses. The contrast between hard and soft really was great. Another detail I loved was her use of what looked like oversize sequins with pearl centres - again, the hard and soft contrast was beautiful on the cream pieces that were shown.
I found overall the collection to be very feminine and very wearable. She designs clothes that women really want to wear and that have that longevity we all want from our clothes, especially in this time of economic downturn.
Her clothes are not cheap, but I personally believe that you would wear them season after season without getting tired of them.

I have already hinted to the hubby that I saw some really great pieces that I want, and with my birthday coming up in June.....who knows?!

I could have shown the entire collection as I loved it so much, but instead opted to select my favourite pieces. All photos are from Style.com, where you can see the entire collection.











Have a great Tuesday
X

No comments:

Post a Comment