Thursday 28 January 2010

Entering "Blythe World"
















I always have scraps of fabric left over from the various sewing projects I undertake.

Whilst having a conversation with one of my student placements in regards to this, she suggested that I could make doll's clothes if any of the fabrics were suitable - namely clothes for Blythe dolls. I have made doll clothes in the past, but it was a very, very long time ago.
Now, if you have never heard of Blythe, check out http://www.thisisblythe.com/, It explains everything about how Blythe started to present day.

Anyway, I personally have always wanted a Blythe doll or two.... or three and so took up the challenge.

I firstly had a rummage into my fabric archives and to no surprise found so many pieces of fabric that would be ideal for doll clothes. Pictured are some of the fabric and trimmings I found.

I haven't started making anything yet, I have been making patterns and getting my head around sewing in a slightly different way as well as handling smaller notions etc, but I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying the challenge. I will post pictures once I start making things.

On the Blythe doll front, I am waiting for my first doll to be delivered this weekend and again, will post pic's when she arrives - I cannot wait!!!!

Have a lovely evening. X

No comments:

Post a Comment