Thursday 17 December 2009

Wedding Outfit - Mother Of The Groom
















In an earlier post I mentioned I was working on some wedding outfits...well, here are some pictures of one of the dresses. It's for The Mother Of The Groom.

I didn't choose the fabric or the style - the client did this, I merely made the patterns and sewed it. I am really pleased with how it came out.
The fabric is beautiful; it is a stiff chiffon with a lovely embroidered flower design throughout and gold small sequins attached. The lining is a basic silk satin in yellow.
One side of the fabric had a lovely embroidered scalloped edge and I managed to cut the pattern to incorporate the scalloped hem on the dress.

I made the shawl (partly shown in image number 4) out of the chiffon but without the lining because this outfit is for a wedding in Mauritius, so it will be fairly hot.
On the Etsy front, remember I set a little goal of making 5 more items to take my inventory to 20 by the 20th? well I have made 3 so far with 1 sitting on my machine to be sewn and I am hoping to cut out the last one when I finish posting this.
Just a random thing, yesterday and today it snowed in London. I wonder if we will have a white Christmas? We are due for 4" of snow tonight and if it settles, I will share some pictures with you.

Have a lovely evening.
X

2 comments:

  1. That is SOOOOOO nice for a mother's outfit for a wedding. My mom had the hardest time finding a updated dress when my sister and I both were married. She will surely get good use out of that dress down the line as well. Nicely done.

    www.dirksendabbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. That is exactly why they both asked me to make something as all the things they tried on in the shops made them feel frumpy!

    ReplyDelete