Wednesday 14 April 2010

Work In Progress

I think I have mentioned before that I tend to work on several things at once. At the moment I am desperately trying to make, photograph and upload more items for my Etsy shop. I have lots of ideas swimming around my head, but I don't seem to have enough time in the evening to get them all completed.

Having sold the only Tasha banded dress I made for my Etsy shop, I am now making an emerald green one. I didn't have any more of the same black fabric, so I decided as it was now getting warmer, it would be a better idea to make it in a colour. I could have bought some more standard black jersey and remake it, but part of my policy at the moment is to use the mountain of fabric I have collected over the years instead of buying anymore new ones.

I'm glad I am making this in a colour now as you can see alot more of the detail and style in this colour than in the original black version. To complete this dress, it needs the sleeves to be attached and the hems to be done.

It is a really versatile dress. It can be worn as a top or mini dress with leggings or jeans or as a regular short dress with tights in Winter or bare legs in Summer. I have worn my all throughout Winter with a long sleeve sweater or a cardigan and opaque tights and shall certainly continue to wear it in Summer.

Apart from making Etsy things, I have been commissioned for another brides dress. I will be holding an initial consultation this evening and will keep you posted on my progress.

Have a lovely evening. X

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I really like this style. I can't really tell for sure if something like that would look good on me. Hard to tell with all that tightness on the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!! It actually is flattering for most figures because the band sits on the hips with the fullness of the gathers half covering the butt. You can also wear the band section on your waist so the gathered sections bags over and hides the stomach area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you midnightintern - I am following you now also - great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete