Tuesday 20 April 2010

New Flats

I'm always on the lookout for flat shoes that I can wear for my journey to work on the tube. I have a number of high heeled shoes and boots that I keep at the office for when I have meetings etc that I change into when I get to work.

I have never been able to wear trainers (sneakers) for my commute, as far as I am concerned trainers should remain the preferred choice of footwear for working out and nothing else!

Last week on my way home, I stopped in Zara to have a look at their new collection and came across the perfect pair for my needs. I was looking for a ballet pump style flat but with an ankle strap.

They are in light beige suede, although the pictures look like light grey, with multiple straps and have an antique gold embellishment and a zip in the back to fasten. Lovely!! I tried them on and they looked and felt great.
I actually wore them on Friday night to a party and I have them on at the moment, wearing them with black harem pants, a cream embellished tunic and a military jacket. What is also great about these is that they can be worn with dresses and skirts - truly versatile!!!

Here are some others I found on Net a Porter  that I am also considering. The grey at the top is Chloe, the printed pair Charlotte Olympian and the grey strappy wooden heel, Alexander Wang.

Pictures from Net a Porter

Have a lovely day! X

No comments:

Post a Comment