Wednesday 17 February 2010

Thrift shopping





















I am the type of dresser who wears anything from designer clothes, high street buys to thrift shop finds.


I think true style isn't following any fashion trends but looking at those trends and making it truly your own by mixing it with a few unexpected pieces that signify your own personal style.


With this in mind, I had been told about a shop here in London called The Brick Lane Thrift Store, and had been meaning to visit to for ages. I happen to be working from home today and don't live a million miles away, so when I came to a natural break in my work, I decided to go and get some fresh air and take a trip there.


It was worth the visit. They have a really good stock of clothes and with alot of the pieces going for £10 ($15), you are certainly guaranteed not to break the bank.


Most of the dresses I wanted unfortunately were too big and I didn't love them enough to want to buy them and then alter them myself.


As I was about to leave, I spotted a huge display of scarves and after a little rummage came across this absolutely adorable silk printed scarf with doves on it. I couldn't resist as it was only £5 ($7). I intend to wear it over dresses, tshirts, knitwear and even as a headscarf in the summer!

Have a lovely evening. X






2 comments:

  1. I agree that scarf is fantastic. Colors and pattern....great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scarf! I love thrift store finds.

    ReplyDelete